We thank you for adopting us into your family through the miracle of
your grace, and for calling us to be brothers and sisters to each other.
Today, loving God, we pray for our mothers:
- who cared for us when we were helpless
- who comforted us when we were hurt
- whose love and care we often took for granted.
Today we pray for:
- those who are grieving the loss of their mother,
- those who never knew their biological mother, and now yearn for her
- those who have experienced the wonder of an adopted mother's love
- the families separated by war or conflict.
- Lord, give them special blessings.
Keep us united with you and with each other, so that we can be and become all that we are meant to be. Amen.